Sunday, September 13

New Beginnings

Lets just pretend that August never happened! I used to blog after each fun or new event, but now I can't even blog once a month, what is my problem? We were so busy in August...we went camping at Doheny Beach, Bennett started basketball, I went to Florida for a week for work, we went camping again in the Sierra National Forest, Bennett went to his first Angels game, and so much more...but I am choosing to blog about our latest new beginnings instead.

Bennett started kindergarten! This is one of those events that every mother waits for, but is sad when it happens. Bennett was so excited on the first day because I was able to go with him. I was a little nervous because he didn't know anyone in his class, but I was able to go with him and show him around and help him feel comfortable. He didn't want to wear anything new because he didn't want other kids to think he looked funny, which was crazy to me, do kids that age even care? Apparently he does, which means I'm in trouble.

He was trying to hide his excitement.

My little boy is growing up!

We are so lucky to live across the street from the school, we don't have to battle all of the traffic.



The second day of school was the real deal, we had to be there at 7:45 (seriously?). They had to wait on the black top with all of the other kids and they went into the classroom alone, I was a little sad this day because I could tell he was nervous, but he did great. I asked him who he played with at recess (i pictured him sitting all alone!) and he said, "some friends that I don't know." That made me feel better, kids that age are so good at making friends. He got a green card all week in class which is what they get when they are good, so I guess he did ok on his first school experience, pretty soon I will be sitting at his high school graduation!

Grayson wants to go to school with his brother!
Walking to school with his neighbor Victoria.
Then on the same week Bennett had his first soccer game. What a fun week. It turns out that he has 3 kids in his kindergarten class on his team, which is awesome. He did so good, well as good as a first time player can play! They do it different this year, they play 3 on 3 the whole time, so the kids all actually have to play, they don't run around in a clutter anymore. Bennett would like to be on the field alone as he likes to take his time with the ball and by the time he gets the ball going the right direction someone else takes it, but he did good. Wade and I were on the sidelines yelling the whole time, which was funny because this was our first sporting event as parents and i have always hated those parents, ha ha, I will have to chill out next week! Go # 8!





Grayson was bored!
Can't wait for next Saturday to play more!

11 comments:

The Allen Family said...

He is so cute! I love how big his back pack is on him.

Barbara said...

I actually got a lump in my throat when I read the part about him having to go into his classroom alone and then again when you asked him who he played with at recess! I'm so glad to hear he played with kids and didn't just sit by himself. Let us know when his next game is and we'll join you and Wade on the sidelines and add to the crazy screaming!

Elizabeth said...

how fun for him! I can't believe how old our kids are getting right now! I'm so sad that i'm not just taking them to preschool right now! I'm glad bennett is doing well and meeting new kids! Hopefully I'll see you some saturday when we are both watching games!!

brooke said...

Ahhh, I just can't believe he is so old. I just remember when we first moved in and he was Zach's age! That didn't seem like all that long ago but I can't imagine Zach being that age!
It was good to finally see you yesterday!

Jessica said...

Sara... they are growing so fast. why is it that your kids seem to be growing faster than mine?!? It makes me sad to see. :(

April said...

Always love to see your updates. Our babies are too big. Elise does play alone and recess and it breaks my heart, though she doesn't seem bothered by it. Miss you, hopefully we can talk soon

camille said...

I can't believe Bennett is in K!!! He is so big and such a hot babe. All the little girls in his class are going to swooning for sure. Watch out!!! You must be so proud. What a big event. Love his green soccer uniform, too. Green is his color, let me tell ya! I love the 3 on 3, too. It's so smart and the kids do way better. Miss you!

Roney Family said...

I am so glad that things are working out with school and soccer. That is awesome!!! Its fun to see you at school!

Wendy said...

Oh my cutie pies! Miss you!

Steve and Rebecca said...

That is great Bennett is enjoying kindergarten so much. Do you really have to be there at 7:45?? Yikes! And I thought 8:15 was early. He looks so cute in his soccer uniform too.

Tiffany said...

Cute! You are a soccer mom! I can't believe how big the boys are getting. Where does the time go. Miss you! Give me a call when you get a chance :)