Monday, November 19

DREAM HOUSE

If you would have asked me a week ago if I would ever move to St. George I would have said NO WAY!!! But now if you ask me I will say "If i can buy my dream house." My mom and I went on a walk Sunday morning because it was so nice outside and we ended up walking too far away, and then i spotted it....MY DREAM HOUSE! This house is SO my style, everything about it is me! I love the colors, the floor plan, every detail! The door was unlocked (for some reason they trust people around here to leave the doors unlocked to beautiful homes under construction) so we walked right in and I fell in love. I wish i would have taken pictures of the inside because i went back today and they locked it. I think because i called them and asked about it, now they don't want me to see it unless they are there to show me. Anyways, it is way bigger than i first thought. It is 5500 square feet, 6 bedrooms, plus office, plus kids play room, plus theatre.....yikes. What to do, what to do. Well, i guess since we can't afford it I won't buy it and since it is in St. George, but I can dream can't i?

14 comments:

Lea said...

Love the house, way my style too. Man, I can't wait to own a home, 3 kids in a two bedroom apartment...we are definately out of space.

Lea

Jenny said...

Every time I complain about my small home, or wish that I had something else (like a playroom) I think about how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place. I really do think it's worth the trade. I wouldn't give it up. Please - I could have gone to the beach the past week, and it's the middle of November. And our kids get to play outside year-round. When I lived in MA, it snowed for 5 months out of the year. How depressing! And when it's 120 in the summer there, I take comfort in knowing that I might be really hot at 95, but it could be WAY worse. Hope that helps you feel a little better about it. Although Bennett could not cuter cuter in front of that house - it is DARLING!

Christy said...

How much is a house like that in St. George? That will be interesting to know. Stop looking around! Please, you are not moving.

Barbara said...

You would have to buy a dream house if you moved to St. George. You would spend your entire summer inside of it because it is so hot outside!! I hope you are having fun - wish you were here to join us at the park today.

Sara Decker said...

The house isn't even a lot compared to California prices. It is going for $649,000, which I know in California is a joke, but it is super high for a St. George house, i guess because you can't make very much money here. My dad said it has been here for a while too, so I could "low ball" them and offer $590??? You didn't think I was serious did you? I am. Good points though Jenny...the summer is miserable here, thank you for bringing me to reality. The weather is perfect here right now, so i forgot that I was complaining the whole time i was here in july when it was 115 outside!!!

Wendy said...

Don't even think about it. Ok fine, think about but don't do it!

SUMMER said...

Yes- it is a super cute house! And yes- totally your style! BUT- you would be bored stiff in St. George, UT! Don't even think about it!

karlin said...

Okay, Sara... don't listen to all these people trying to talk you out of it. Here's the plan. Jason can build that very house for you by us! It's not as hot here. It would be a dream come true! ha! The option is ALWAYS out there. I would just love to live by you again.

Sara Decker said...

Karlin- I thought that same thing. i told wade if this house was in Northern Utah around Alpine/Highland I would for sure want to get it. It is more civilized there, but then i have to deal with snow. I just can't win!!!

Newmans said...

Sara, you should totally have the kesslers build that for you around Alpine/Highland. Todd and I are moving to Sandy area after his parents get back. It would be so fun to live close again. In fact, I'll have the Kesslers build the same house - I love it!

Meggan said...

Do not move to Utah.

Brooke Wilkins said...

love that house, love love love it, but utah is so not as good as here. totally not worth the trade. but i know how you feel. being up here in utah and seeing a 4000 sq foot house for 285,000 is a little disheartening but hey.

Elizabeth said...

sara- it's very pretty but don't even think about moving to St. george! You'd be surrounded by old people, it would be like having your dream house in the middle of Leisure world! Okay, that was mean, just don't do it ok! I would be so sad.

Roberts Family said...

Okay, so as someone who grew up in St. George, it's not that bad! It's a heck of a lot better now than when I lived there. And the house is gorgeous!! What neighborhood is that? We are always toying with the idea of St. George...but besides housing Cali is just too perfect. Fun to dream though isn't it?