Friday, May 9

OH NO!!!!!!!!!
I got into the St. George Marathon. I'm freaking out. I signed up under the assumption that I wouldn't get in, but I did. I'm so nervous. My friend Elizabeth and her sister Meghan are also running it, we signed up as a team so we could all get in, and it worked. I'm in denial. Here is to a long summer of training........

17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe we are doing this! I'm seriously freaked out! I can barely run 3 miles right now!

The Reid Family said...

wow how exciting! That would be quite an accomplishment, I am still hoping to complete a 5K in my lifetime! You inspire me! Good luck on the training.

Brooke Wilkins said...

I am so excited for you guys! You will rock it! I want to go and watch you girls! That would be so awesome! I will be standing on the finish line with french fries and hot dogs and all the fattening foods to fatten you girls up! I cannot believe you guys are crazy! But it will be awesome! Is Camille doing it too??

Emily Judd said...

AHHH!!! That is so exciting!!! Good luck! Two words for you: TRAIN HILLS!! shouldn:t be too hard where we live...

The Staffieri Family said...

That is crazy! Is it a full marathon? I am so impressed. Good luck!

Barbara said...

I am jealous. I wish I had it in me do run marathons. Instead I'll just live vicariously through you! Good luck girl, you will do great.

Meggan said...

Oh awesome! Is this the first time you've run a marathon? I remember you training for awhile there, but don't know if you did it or not. I am just up to 6 miles now and feeling good, but a couple months ago I could only do
3. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

That sounds like lots of fun! I wish I liked to run.

Good luck with the training all summer.

Anonymous said...

How fun. When is the marathon? Paul and I just got back from St. George. Paul did the triathlon and did so good. It was so awesome to watch and be waiting at the finish line to see him come running through. You'll do great.

April said...

You've been wanting this for as long as I have known you so good for you. If you are willing to get up at 5 am to work out you can definitely train for this thing

Marcy said...

Ah Sara, you don't give yourself enough credit. You totally can do this! I'm already proud of you! I so wish I could run. I really can't--I look like Phoebe from Friends when I run. I think I'll stick to swimming...in the water I don't feel like such a moron ;)

brooke said...

Awesome! You will do great! I could never do a full but I know you can, you are hard core, if I can do a half you can do a full since you are twice as hard core as I am :)

Anonymous said...

You girls are amazing to even attempt that. I will eat a Snickers in celebration of the event...since that's what I marathon at...eating.

Emily said...

You're awesome! I need to get some of your discipline to ruboff on me! Go get em girls!

Jenny said...

Good Luck! My uncle did the same thing (thinking that he wouldn't get in) and he did. Funny thing is, I swear he did not train AT ALL! He just showed up. He finished too. Can't say his time was impressive, but he did it! Running is so not my thing. I went "jogging" in my neighborhood yesterday and decided then and there that I hate exercising outside. I guess I have to get my butt back in a gym :(

Roney Family said...

You rock friend. I think it's awesome you girls have energy for that. I am one lazy momma!

Christy said...

You will kill it! I'm so excited for you. It is a long summer of training though. But you will get in great shape.