If you know Wade and I, you know that we aren't meeting our "date" quota! I think it all started to save money when his job was in the fritz, but we just sort of got out of the habit of a weekly date. But this weekend was an exception. We had two fun nights out. Thanks to my sisters who are always willing to watch our boys, even when they have much better things to do. It started with a bday party Friday night for Summer, which was an 80's themed party. I am sort of bummed that we opted not to dress up, I really didn't expect EVERY other person to dress up. Oh well, we still had fun.

We had fun skating, maybe I should do it more often because i was actually sore afterward!

Yep, that is lame me in the right corner, not dressed up. Happy
bday Summer.

I now know why Bryan wanted it to be an 80's party, he had the best get-up ever!

Then Saturday night we got to spend the evening with Wade's brother Blaine and his wife Penny. She also had celebrated a
bday during the week and so we met up with them in Santa Monica and had the BEST
Mexican food i have had in a long time. Then we walked around 3rd St. Promenade and down to the Santa Monica Pier (which is why i look pregnant in that picture, it was really windy and it was blowing my shirt one way and my sweater the other way!), and then we got to see a musical comedy at the Pacific Palisades theatre. If any of you have a chance to go see it you should. It is called, "I love you, you're perfect, now change." It is a hilarious play all about dating and marriage, we had a blast. It was a fun weekend and a needed break with my hubby.
11 comments:
You DO NOT look pregnant in the last pic! That musical comedy sounds like it is so good! Let's go on a double date soon like the good ol' days.... Thanks again for coming to my party and I love my dress that you gave me! :)
P.S. Your up next for turning 30 my friend!!! Just a few short weeks.... When do we have to grow up?
Did you look for Robbie from SYTYCD? He performs up there.
what a fun weekend! I'm so jealous you got to go to LA and go do that. it sounds like a lot of fun! I've actually seen that musical before and I loved it!
Hello uber daters! It's like you have tp pencil us in weeks in advance these days. I'm glad you had such a fun weekend though! I'm sorry I didn't even ask you about it at church yesterday...I was so tired and stressed with dealing with my crazy child! I'm a bad friend.
What a fun 80s party. Jason and I would have been the ones that didn't dress up too. Jason found an excuse to get out of our last 80's party. Date nights are great!
Date nights are the best...don't think we've been on one in a year! Where did you eat in Santa Monica?
Wendy- no i didn't look for Robbie because i don't know who that is!!! I don't watch that show, sorry.
Danielle- we ate at Gilberts, it was a hole in the wall, but the food was amazing. Been there?
Looks like you had a great weekend. In need Tanner to grow up desperately so I can leave him with a sitter! I have some great pictures of you skating and dressed up if you want:)
Yes, I actually have been there! It's not too far from Brian's work. We love Mexican, especially hole in the wall Mexican. There is a great place just a few blocks from there that's great too called Lares.
Fun! We never go on dates either. So pathetic. How did you get tickets to that play? It sounds like something we need to see.
Post a Comment