Saturday, November 29

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

This weekend has been so great. After our relaxing Thanksgiving we were able to have a very enjoyable weekend. The day after Thanksgiving I was able to do some "Black Friday" shopping with my friend Barbara. We headed out at 5am and hit some sales. It was a lot of fun. Then when i got home we spent the rest of the day getting all of our Christmas decorations out. Bennett decorated a tree all by himself, he is getting to be such a big boy, he wants to be involved in everything.
Then today we decided to go out and do something fun to start the Christmas season off. So, we headed over to Fashion Island. It was the perfect day. We walked around and shopped (window shopping unfortunately!), then we decided to wait and see Santa. Both boys were super scared of Santa, it was such a bummer. Then we had a yummy dinner, we had a super fun day.

Grayson is such a cheese ball in all of these pictures!


Aunt Tara met us at Fashion Island.


The instant Grayson saw Santa he was so scared. He was walking and instantly grabbed onto my leg and was clawing at me to hold him. He refused to sit on his lap.

Bennett wouldn't sit on his lap either, he was SO nervous. Santa pulled him over and he looked like he wanted to cry, he was so nervous he couldn't even tell him what he wanted.

There was this cute mailbox where you could put your letter to Santa, so after Bennett chickened out to talk to Santa he wanted to write his list and send it off to Santa.

Ready to go home now, but we had such a fun day.

10 comments:

Christy said...

Could Grayson be any cuter? I love his smile! What a fun weekend you guys have had. I love the place mats Bennett made for everyone for Thanksgiving. Very creative. I'm a little sad the long weekend is coming to an end.

Elizabeth said...

Grayson is such a cute little boy! I just want to squeeze him! I'm glad you had a fun Thanksgiving and you could relax a little!
Isn't it fun to have your Christmas decorations out? I'm so excited about it! And I love the Christmas tree at Fashion Island! I need to go there with my kids!
Oh and next year, let me know if you are going to Black Friday! i need to come with you, because i went out by myself and it sucked! Okay, did I cover everything? :)

Wendy said...

I'm in love with Grayson's scrunched up face (especially on top of the present). We need get our decor up fast!

Barbara said...

I love Grayson's smile in all the pics. Haha. Bennett looks so excited to put his letter to Santa in the mail. Cute little guys. Thank you SO much for being my toy advisor, you have no idea how stressed I was trying to decide what to get Kaden for Christmas. Hopefully next year I won't be 8 months pregnant so I can be even more die hard!

Marcy said...

Love the pictures Sara. Your boys are so stinkin' cute. And Grayson now has a soft spot in my heart cause he was my buddy last week in nursery for an hour. What a cuddler he is! Love it!

I'm glad you had a nice weekend Sara! Your pics look so fun. You have such a beautiful family.

Tiffany said...

I have been checking and checking your blog. So glad you finally posted! Loved all of them. We went to Fashion Island on Black Friday and it wasn't even busy. The decorations are so pretty this year and Zaylin loved them too. I just want to squeeze the stuffing out of Grayson in those pictures. What a cutie! I was thinking about you all this weekend thinking that now you are working, it must be so great to have the long weekend. Tell Wade that when he wants to do an outing, call Matt... he has Zaylin this Friday and Saturday. Miss you guys- let me know when you want to do lunch again!

karlin said...

what a fun weekend! i love that bennett is such a good helper. his place mats were darling and i can't get over how cute grayson is! he is smiling so good in every picture!!

Moka said...

Your pics are so funny! I can't for the life of me figure out why kids are so scared to see Sants but so excited for him to come. They stay up late and are so excited on Christmas Eve but are actually terrified.

Rona said...

Hey guys,
I am actually commenting! Looks like you had a FUN day at Fashion Island. You got some great family pics. The boys are adorable and I can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks and give them a great BIG hug! I am surprised Grayson is afraid of Santa. He is so easy going. Love ya!

Steve and Rebecca said...

My kids are both scared of Santa this year too...