Monday, March 15

LAKE ARROWHEAD

WE HAD A QUICK GETAWAY THIS PAST WEEKEND. WE GOT A FREE HOTEL ROOM UP IN LAKE ARROWHEAD FOR A NIGHT, SO WE PACKED UP THE BOYS AND OUR STUFF AND HEADED UP TO THE MOUNTAINS. WE WERE ONLY THERE FOR ABOUT 24 HOURS, BUT IT WAS A PERFECT LITTLE BREAK. WE WERE GREETED IN OUR ROOM WITH A PLATE OF FRUIT AND CHEESES, GRAYSON DIDN'T STOP UNTIL IT WAS ALL GONE!

THIS WAS OUR VIEW FROM OUR ROOM, BENNETT WAS DETERMINED TO FIND SNOW!

WE EXPLORED THE VILLAGE AND FOUND SOME FUN PLACES TO PLAY.

BENNETT WANTED TO RIDE THE GO-CARTS. THERE WERE NOT MANY PEOPLE SO WE GOT TO RIDE FOREVER, MY ARMS WERE SORE FROM TURNING THE WHEEL!


GRAYSON WASN'T TALL ENOUGH TO RIDE THE GO-CARTS SO HE WENT ON A TRAIN.

WE EXPLORED THE VILLAGE AND TOOK SOME YUMMY PIZZA BACK TO THE HOTEL AND WENT FOR A SWIM IN THE JACUZZI, THEN WE WOKE UP AND WENT TO A WAFFLE HOUSE AND FED THE DUCKS ON THE LAKE. WE DIDN'T DO MUCH, BUT WE ALL HAD FUN AWAY FROM HOME FOR THE SHORT TIME. HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET ANOTHER BREAK REALLY SOON!

11 comments:

Marcy said...

Ah, love this, how fun! So glad you got a chance to escape on a family getaway...you deserve it! Cute pics, GORGEOUS room view, holy cow!

Elizabeth said...

how fun!!!! And I love the new background on your blog!

April said...

what a perfect little getaway, not doing much-the view, time with just your own little family, what could be better???

brooke said...

How fun! I'm impressed with your blogging two months in a row! :)

Tiffany said...

Jealous! Next time you get something free from work, let me know!!
I finally put away your bed today and Zaylin was sad. He said, "No! That's for Bennett and Grayson!"

Newmans said...

Looks like you guys have been having some fun times! I can't believe how grown up your boys are. SO cute!

melissa said...

What a fun looking trip! Got me jones'in for the Lake Arrowhead resort. We use to go when Sawyer was little. Looks like the weather was great too.

Barbara said...

Very cute pictures, Sara. Glad you have a camera again. :) What a perfect family getaway, and even better than Bennett agreed after you left! I love that Grayson chowed down on the cheese platter.

Barbara said...

TYPO: even better THAT Bennett agreed

camille said...

Ok, I just caught up on all you latest posts and I realized that I was SOOO behind on your comings and goings! Love the sleepover with Aunt Tara. She is awesome. How fun for them. Lake Arrowhead looked great and I'm glad you guys got to do that. I love Bennett's hair. I am seriously tempted to buzz Kai's. Talk me through it, would ya?! Your family is so cute, Sara. I love all of yous!

Roney Family said...

I love the pictures from Lake Arrowhead. All these pictures you took remind me of my childhood. I love this place! Im so glad you had a good time!