Thursday, September 6

SCHOOL BOY




Bennett started preschool today. He has been so excited and kept asking when he was going until we were a street away and then he didn't want to go anymore. He was scared. He knows all of the kids that go there with him, so i think that helped. He put on his game face and waved and said, "Bye mommy" but he looked like he wanted to cry. It crushed me. But by the time I got back he didn't want to leave, so that was a great sign. We will see how he does.

12 comments:

The Staffieri Family said...

I can't handle how stinkin cute he looks for his first day! He is so grown up now. How did we get old enough to have school age kids. Ellie is turning 5 next week!!! Crazy how time flies. I love little Bennett. He is so photogenic!

Wendy said...

Too cute. How said, after a whole year, Tess still doesn't go to nursery without crying it out.

Jenny said...

What a big boy! I hope he had fun! He will love Miss Laurie. I think she's perfect for him!

And I love this slideshow. I think I'm going to use it for my next one.

Meggan said...

what a big boy! he looks so cute. i HATE the first day of school. it leaves such a sick feeling in my stomach saying goodbye to my babies. i'm going on the fourth day and am still not loving it. it's just a little too quiet now, but give me another couple weeks and i'll be back into the swing of things.

Jessica said...

I love the picture of him and Laurie - he looks so nervous! He is so cute - I just hope Owen fits in with this group.

Roney Family said...

How fun. It looks like you guys have a nice group of kids going together. How fun for him. And I am sure it is a nice little break for you to just have one.

SUMMER said...

BUBS IS GROWING UP. THE CUTE LITTLE SCARED FACE KILLS ME... IT IS TOO DARLING!

Anonymous said...

For sure....I will see you on Friday! And, yes she did! Beauty mark and all! Thankfully Micah just laughed! I am excited you are going to be a walker buddy because you are freaking hilarious, and i can't wait to hear your stories and laugh at all of your comments!

Danielle said...

He looks so cute. I am about to go through this in 3 hours!! I am stressin out! How many days does he go?

Steve and Rebecca said...

Hi Sara,
It's Rebecca Hope. I stumbled onto your blog through a friend of my sister's I think. Anyway, how cute your little boys are!! And, I am totally going through the same things with Ryan and potty-training...not fun!!! We have a blog too, if you want to check it out: www.holmstromfamily.blogspot.com

I will have to add your link into our page.

Christy said...

Bennett did a great job. He knows all of the kids so lucky him! I hope they all like it again tomorrow!

April said...

My favorite picture is the one with his teacher. She is so sweet and his face is like; "Mom, are you sure about this." So cute, love it!