Tuesday, March 11

MUCH NEEDED UPDATE...

this is so overdue and is probably going to be way to much info and boring, but for journaling purposes and to fill you all in on what we have been up to for the past few weeks...here goes:

wade- same old wade, busy with his new job, trying to make it all work out
sara- i have had a crazy few weeks, a couple of times a year i do some work from home for my old job and i have been working like a mad lady. it has been tiring, but i couldn't pass up on making a little bit of money even if it meant working crazy hours around the clock. i also got my wisdom teeth pulled two weeks ago, which wasn't very bad, and now i have been on the search for a post baby bathing suit....which is posing quite a dilemma!!! and last but not least i am back running and trying to decide if i should try and get into the st. george marathon???


the boys are silly and crazy as usual....




grayson- this little boy can eat! he can out eat bennett and will probably weigh more than him soon. i love his cheeks and his thighs. he also had to get ear tubes the same week that i got my wisdom teeth pulled, so that was not a fun week. he did great and has been happy as can be. he will be 1 next month...what is going on, my baby is grown up!



keep the food coming


grayson and his friend kaden going for a wagon ride


we have been to the beach already a few times and i am happy to admit that i think it will be a fun summer, first of all grayson will keep a hat on, which is huge, and bennett is loving playing in the sand and water, so besides the headache of getting myself and all of our stuff down to the beach i think it should be a fun summer!

bennett- what can i say to explain what is new with bennett? he is hilarious. he does not know how to filter what he says and never stops talking. he wants to know what everything turns into...like tonight he said at dinner, "mommy, what do carrots turn into?" how do i answer that? but seriously, almost every time we are in public he says something so ridiculous that i just have to laugh, here are a few of the latest:

  • in sacrament meeting at church on sunday he says loud enough for a few rows of people to hear.."mommy, church is boring, let's go home." (oops)


  • we went to lunch with my sister tara last week and we were eating and bennett says, "look at that scary monster." and i say "where?" just thinking he is making it up, so he points to a little old man sitting alone next to us with crazy hair and says, "that man right there with crazy hair!" (embarrassing)


  • we were shopping and i had to take my kids into the bathroom with me (what other options do i have?) and as i am going to the bathroom in a busy bathroom bennett asks why i am going poop. (seriously?)

so like i said...can i get a filter on this kid? 9 times out of 10 i laugh, but sometimes it is a little embarrassing. but he is still growing up to be a good kid.




we went to disneyland last week after a long time of not going and bennett had a blast, he is finally old enough to enjoy the rides. he won't admit it but he gets super nervous on all of the rides (proof above) and once it is over he begs to go on it again. we look forward to going a lot in the next couple of months before school gets out.


bennett wants to play all day long, starting in the 5 o'clock hour he thinks it is time to play. he played with his cousins and they made a "pillow house" so now he wants to build one every night and sleep in it. this little boy thinks life is one big game, hope it lasts.....maybe he could push it into the 7 am hour instead of 5 though!
bennett's photography- bennett has decided that he loves to take pictures. at first i didn't want him using my camera, but then i decided it would be fun to see what he captures, i told him he has to take pictures of stuff, not just the floor or the wall, here are a few of latest pics:


his markers

his toes


me (and my see through shirt) and grayson...ha ha.
we will try to be better about updating more often, but we have been busy and rather boring lately! sorry.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute little boys! I can't believe how big Grayson is. I'll have some swim suits in by the beginning of next week (fingers crossed). I'll keep you updated when I finally get all my samples.

Barbara said...

You HAVE had a crazy month. I love the long post - it is never boring. We obviously can't get enough of you guys...I seriously think Kaden wakes up every morning thinking "When do I get to see Bennett and Grayson?" And I have to side with Bennett on this one, why WERE you pooping at the mall? HA! The things we do as Mommies!

Tiffany said...

FINALLY!!! I am so happy to see your cute kids and I love the funny things that Bennett says. I had the same problem with the server error. I dont know what their deal was. The park was so fun! We need to do it again soon.

Brooke Wilkins said...

I am still laughing at Barbara's post. pooping at the mall! Hahahahaha! Hilarious! I love it!

karlin said...

Fun update. You haven't had a boring few weeks at all. It's been crazy! Good luck with work and everyone staying healthy. Your blonde boys are the cutest and I love Grayson's chubbiness. Avaree is in the same stage as Bennett saying whatever is on her mind or whatever she hears. I need a filter too!

Ann Marie said...

Don't you just love the public bathroom talk with your 3 year olds? My favorite is when Kylie is going poop and proceeds to grunt very loudly and then says, "It's a big, huge one Mom!" REALLY loudly. I am dying laughing in the stall and then usually hear other strangers busting up too. It is pretty humiliating but classic at the same time!

Wendy said...

I'm with you Bennett. Church is boring. I'm all out of snacks, it's nap time and I'm hungry. Let's go home.

Ann Marie's comment has me in tears.

Lisa Webb said...

you should try the shade bathing suits, I love mine.
Your kids are the cutest!

Elizabeth said...

hahaha, that is hilarious that bennett said all of that! I especially love the time he told me when you abused him on the head! hahaha, I won't tell anyone sara I promise! :) (hopefully no one will read this) and by the way, you are running the st. george marathon! no question about it!

Jennifer said...

I love this post and I wasn't bored at all. I am impressed you want to run a full marathon. I thought I was cool!

Ashley said...

Christian and I are laughing at all the funny things Bennett said! You have such cute boys. I love Grayson's cheeks.

You have been way busy! I don't know how you keep up with it all.

I also need a post baby swim suit. I am having serious issues because they don't make one that comes with a little lipo!

Adrienne said...

First of all, grayson is such a chub! He looks like a tank when Bennett is holding him!

Bennett's antics....that is hilarious. I think every mom with a potty-trained toddler has had some sort of poop conversation in the stall.

Loved the update....cuz we only talk like 3 times a day. :)

Jessica said...

nice update on everyone. i love that you posted bennett's photography skills. Paige takes pictures all the time and they are horrible. I delete them a lot - every once in a while she'll catch a good one.

April said...

Loved the update, your kids are darling. I loved Bennett's comments. Elise has been coming up with stuff I dare not blog--so embarrassing. This definitely is a quizzical age. Never boring, just fun to catch up.

The Zeediks said...

So great to hear what is up with you all! We need to get together soon! Your kids are little hotties!! Honestly! Just olive skinned and beautiful eyes! I definately don't want to rush this little baby phase but it'll be fun when she's making funny comments like bennet! So cute. You'll have to check out my friend lindsay's blog the link is on my page its lindsay and aaron catano. She has a bunch of cute pictures up of swim suits.

camille said...

Um, could Bennett be more hilarious? I love his comment about your poop and about church. Oh the mind of the innocent! That is a nice shot of your boob, too. Seriously, I was laughing OUT LOUD at Bennett's comments and his photos! Love it!