Tuesday, March 25

"My First Baby" Survey.....

I was tagged by Danielle Garlock with this fun survey, enjoy:

Here you go mommies( and not mommies) - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about you and your first baby.




My first look at my Bennett!



1. Were you married at the time? Yes, I got pregnant after 4 years of marriage!
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? What have we done?!
3. How old were you? 26
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? pregnancy test of course.
5. Who did you tell first? Wade and then everyone i knew right after, can't keep a secret.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes, I can't believe I had to wait 20 weeks to find out.
7. Due date? July 27, 2004
8.Did you deliver early or late? My water broke July 18th, so i was early, it was awesome.
9. Did you have morning sickness? Oh yeah! I had morning, afternoon, and evening sickness, awful.
10. What did you crave? Actually a craving would have been nice, i hated everything. Cereal was all i ate.
11. Who irritated you the most? Probably people i worked with that stared at me wanting to die every day, they thought i was totally faking it, i hated it.
12. What was your first child's sex? Male
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 35 pounds i think.
14.Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Nope, just a lot of swelling at the end because it was a super hot summer.
15.Where did you give birth? Saddleback hospital, Laguna Hills, CA
16. How many hours were you in labor? My water broke at 6:30 am on July 18th, and Bennett was born 1:14 am on July 19, not sure what is considered labor, but that was a long day.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Wade
18. Who watched? Wade, my mom, my sisters Tara and Monica.
19. Was it natural or c-section? Natural
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Yes of course, an epidural even though i was so scared.
21.How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs. 14 oz.
22.Did your child have any complications? No.
23. What did you name him/her? Bennett Jex Decker
24. How old is your first born today? 3, he will be 4 on July 19th....already.


Bennett and I on his first day of life...

Okay Mommies...you've been tagged: Barbara, Karlin, Tiffany, Elizabeth, Wendy...no pressure.

9 comments:

Marcy said...

Ahh how cute Sara! And you look great for just giving birth. I loved the pics, and reading the stories. That was a long labor, holy cow!

Tiffany said...

I am going to cry. That is so sweet. I think about my labor every day. I know, I am probably a freak.. but I loved it! I cant wait to do it again!
On another note- we did get passes to Disney so we should DEFINATELY go!!

SUMMER said...

Ahhh. I remember this day! Can you believe how old they are now and how they talk back to us now? Time flies!!!

Rob Judd said...

those are such cute pictures, i'll have to do it when I have the time! i can't believe that Taylor and bennett are so close in age! They were destined to be together when they grow up!

Barbara said...

I love this! It is fun hearing about the details I thought I already knew. I had no idea Bennett's midle name is Jex. So cute! I will for sure do this fun survey. I, like your friend Tiffany, loved being pregnant, being in labor, everything about it. I can't wait to get PG again.

mikelle said...

Reading about these cute mommy stories makes me so jealous - I can't wait to have one of my own!

I can't believe how good you looked after almost 19 hours of labor!! What's your secret?

Sara Decker said...

Mikelle...you are funny. My secret is that i look that bad everyday so it is no different, ha ha.

Danielle said...

thank you for sharing...great middle name Jex, is it a family name? you look so great in the hospital...NO ONE is allowed to see those pics of me! doesn't the sickness thing suck? don't you wonder why they don't have a cure by now? zofran can only do so much. poor us!

karlin said...

Fun tag. It is a fun day to think back on because they do grow so fast. Bennett was so cute and little! I'll get around to the tag... just not sure when!