More from me
Twice in one week...i'm on a roll.
I have a couple of reasons for posting today but mostly I am writing because my lesson at church today sparked a lot of thoughts that I have had for the last few months of my crazy life. (thanks Mikelle for the lesson!) Our lesson today was based on the conference talk from President Monson titled "Finding Joy in the Journey." So many things in the lesson hit really close to home for me right now. The lesson starts off by talking about "change" and how it is one of the most inevitable aspects of our lives, and for me that has been an understatement in the past 6 months. I have joked with a lot of people that I need to write a book on my life and all that i have learned in the past year, and this quote from the lesson pretty much would sum my book up..."This is our one and only chance at mortal life-here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and non-existent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey-now!"
How great is that? I really can relate to that. I get asked so often how hard my life is right now, with leaving my kids all day to go to work, but honestly I can say that I feel great about it! I have learned so much from this change in our lives. I feel like I have learned so much more about what is important and what is not in my life. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a hard time with my life changes, but the fact that I can enjoy every minute that I get to be with my family and that I can look past my dirty house, and my kids looking like slobs most of the time (i guess not most of the time, but more than I used to think acceptable!) says it all. WE are all going to have change, I look forward to changes in my future, but I'm glad I can still recognize that I am SO BLESSED.
On that note, I had the best weekend. We started it out Friday night going to dinner with our friends the Nichols, nothing better than hanging out with old friends and letting the kids be crazy. Then saturday we were able to go on a bike ride with the Lowrys, and we had a blast. The boys thought it was so cool.
Then again Saturday night we got to spend time with the Zimmerman's and eat dinner and watch our kids be crazy. Then today after church we were able to go over to my sisters and meet the newest addition to the family...their new baby puppy boxer. The boys could not wait to see the real doggy and get to pet her. She is such a cutie, and it will be fun to have a dog in the family now, the best part is that i get to go home and leave her there!

11 comments:
LOVE IT! Amen sister. I had to teach my YW lesson about the same topic last week and I thought it was appropriate for me right now. But, all of the important things in our lives are perfect and that's all that matters.
We are soooo looking forward to Wed! Love you guys
I'm with you. I terach gospel essentials, and I get a pretty good dose of what the basics are every week. And I honestly only want to be good and happy, and have my family be good and happy. All of the other junk can go by the wayside. Let me know when you are free, and a few of us need to get together....I need a little S.D. in my life!
Thanks Sara! I'm glad you enjoyed the lesson. :) You're such a sweetheart!
that sounds like a really good lesson! I wish I could have been there, but we were in San Diego! i need to hear something like that too! It's so great that you have such a great perspective on what you are going through! You are an amazing person and mom and friend!! ANd i"m so glad i know you!!
I didn't get to hear that lesson in our ward, but the teacher asked if I could come speak for a few minutes on finding joy in the journey with Eliza being sick. It is crazy how something so hard can make you appreciate small things. Like I am still thankful every night we are all asleep under the same roof. Nobody is in the hospital! I like your positive attitude with your life change. There is nothing you can do so you might as well make the best of it! Good job.
p.s. your boys are SO CUTE in their matching sweaters!
Thank you for passing on such a great message. I didn't get to hear the lesson either and have really been needing some spiritual uplifting. So glad to hear that you guys had such an enjoyable weekend! That puppy is adorable.
I'm glad you had a fun weekend, we had the same lesson and it was so appropriate for these crazy times. You are such a good example of that!
Highlight of my weekend. Hands down.
Thank you so much for sharing that with me. Since I'm locked up in nursery every sunday, I really miss out on lessons. And I'm sure as you know since your a momma, I never hear a full talk in sacrament. So thank you for that and your positive outlook on life. I really needed that today.
I think it is a constant struggle to find joy in your journey NOW. I've been really trying to do better because I know I have so much to be grateful for. Thanks for the reminder.
thanks for sharing that lesson sara, everyone can probably use that in their lived. It sounded really good! I'll have to go read the talk again.
Post a Comment