Wednesday, October 3

GOT MILK?


Is this ridiculous or what? I have no room in my freezer because for the past two months i have been pumping like a mad woman. I am going to New York this weekend and I am leaving Grayson so I have been saving as much milk as possible. Let me just say, I hope I never see a pump again, I hate pumping! I can't wait to come home and be able to buy my normal 5 cartons of ice cream, i have had to stop buying so much because there has been no room. Now let's just hope Grayson will take a bottle for four days straight!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't even stand that! It reminds me EXACTLY of when I was pumping for the twins. It was a good thing we had a fridge in the garage otherwise we would have never had room for all the milk I was pumping! Tell your mom and Wade Good luck! haha

Meggan said...

Wow, that is SO much milk! Do you have to take your pump to New York and pump there too or are you just weaning him now? Why are you going to New York?

What a fun treat to be without kids. Yikes. Good luck!

Lea said...

That is freakin' hilarious, you are so funny. I love how you had to stop buying ice cream to store your milk. Any special reason for going to New York? Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Wait a second....those aren't popsicles?
Wade

Sara Decker said...

Meggan-
I will have to pump and dump the whole time I am there. How annoying is that? My doctor warned me that Grayson may not want to nurse when I get home. HOw sad will that be? He will be six months though, so I will just have to take the chance!

Sara Decker said...

Wade- feel free while I am gone!

Jenny said...

He will still want to nurse. It's not that long that you'll be gone maybe if it was over a week, but you give him a bottle already now and then, right? And hey, if he doesn't, you can't say you didn't try!

Those pictures are hilarious. I thought my 20 bags in my freezer were funny, but I will end up throwing those out...

Have a blast! I wish I was going with you!

Wendy said...

I hate pumping, too. Why must it be so... "farm-ish"? We'll take tons of pictures and enjoy the break :)

Adrienne said...

Look at all that milk...I'm sure that kills people like Christy who produce half an ounce after pumping for 20 minutes...and you have bags and bags of what I deem "liquid gold." I had to throw a bunch out that I had frozen (they were six months old and Ezra never took a bottle) and it killed me to just toss it all. But it looks like Grayson should be taken care of!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh you are amazing. Its mind blowing to think that we have the capability of doing such things! You are making me nervous though. I haven't thought about pumping for the last 8 months and now the dread and fear is back... Have fun in New York.

Emily said...

Have so much fun Sara! I love the frozen milk picture! I'm sure he'll nurse when you get home....he'll be so excited to see you again! Take lots of pictures!

Steve and Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh Sara, you should get mother of the year or something. Maybe even La Leche League President...I don't know. I am just so impressed!! How was your trip?? I always loved my NYC layovers when I was a flight attedant and my sister absolutely LOVES living there.